|New Hampshire American Guild of Organists|
|NH-AGO Serving the Educational needs of New Hampshire Organists |
In 1946, the New Hampshire Chapter of the American Guild of Organists was chartered under guidance from the National Headquarters of the American Guild of Organists (AGO) in New York City. Since then we have grown from the founding chapter members centered mainly around Concord, to the present day where members are drawn from Great North Woods, White Mountains, Lakes, Seacoast and some parts of the Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee regions. We all have a shared interest in the Organ and Choral music arts and work tirelessly to promote and support this music wherever we can. The Mission Statement of the AGO informs everything we do.
The mission of the American Guild of Organists
is to enrich lives through organ and choral music.
To achieve this, we:
• Encourage excellence in the performance of organ and choral music;
• Inspire, educate, and offer certification for organists and choral conductors;
• Provide networking, fellowship, and mutual support;
• Nurture future generations of organists;
• Promote the organ in its historic and evolving roles; and
• Engage wider audiences with organ and choral music.